Anna Komarova - artist based in Yekaterinburg and Moscow.
Born in Yekaterinburg in 1997.
Anna Komarova works with space; she is interested in the relationship between man and the environment, themes of memory, death, collisions between the natural and man-made. She is interested in the possibility of immersing the viewer in an environment that is unusual for him, in which he could gain new experiences.
Having a theatrical background, the artist works primarily with installations and objects, as well as digital and sound art.
Studied at the Moscow Art Theater School (Scenography) and the The School of contemporary art «Free workshops» in Moscow Museum of Modern art. Graduate of the 8th season of Winzavod Open Studios.
- «Crumbling», Elektrozavod gallery, Moscow, Russia - 2023
Selected group exhibitions
- «The Boundaries of the invisible», Fabrika CCI, Moscow, Russia - 2023
- «Species - specific traits», Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow, Russia – 2023
- «Legend», Winzavod CCA, Moscow, Russia – 2022
- «Novacène», Utopia festival, Gare Saint Sauveur, Lille, France. – 2022
- «To embrace and to cry», VI Ural Industrial Biennial of contemporary art, Sinara Art Gallery, Yekaterinburg, Russia – 2021
- «Living matter», State Treryakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia – 2021
- «Laboratory of future. Kinetic art in Russia», State Treryakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia – 2021
- «кара сɵт» (tatar «black milk»), Aulak theatre, Almetyevsk, Russia. Director: Karina Besolti – 2023
- «Two sisters», CDR theatre, Moscow, Russia. Director: Lena Pavlova – 2023
- «Forrest», Moscow Ermolova Theater, Moscow, Russia. Director: Rinat Tashimov – 2022
- «Wound», Voznecensky Center, Moscow, Russia. Director: Elina Kulikova – 2022
- «Code of Conduct for the International Space Station Crew. Flight simulator on the orbital station», Tula, Russia. Director: Rinat Tashimov – 2020
- «Novacène», Alice Audouin (sous la dir. de), Paris, Éditions Lord Byron, 2023
- «Living matter», exhibition catalogue, Sergey Ivanov, Yulia Aksenova, Moscow, 2021
- ColLab, The Vaults Centre for Artistic Production, GES-2, Moscow, Russia – 2023
- Invisible natural cycles in the city, CCI Fabrika, Moscow, Russia – 2023
- Open Studios, Winzavod CCA, Moscow, Russia – 2022
- Baraban is on the rest, Baraban theatre company, Tula, Russia – 2020
- Laboratory of Sound, OTZVUK festival, ZIL CC, Moscow, Russia. – 2020
- Winzavod foundation